I purchased some SEM 39768 Problem Plastic Repair Material from the local Finishmaster store. They didn't have Dynatron Flexible Bumper Repair, but said that this was very comparable and would bond my Lilliput plastic case to the plastic bezel of my Honda. Here's the SEM stuff:
It's a two-part kit. It sets up very quickly (about 2-3 minutes) and dries to a gray color. It seems to bond very well. I actually dropped the piece about 5 minutes after it set and didn't do any damage. It's fairly thick in consistency, but self-levels well within the first minute.
I had to hack the button board portion of the lilliput case to fit around some of my climate controls. Here's the portion where I hacked with a dremel:
I used a straight-edge...though it doesn't matter much because the cut will be hidden by the SEM plastic stuff. I'll be relocating the button board... probably just somewhere hidden behind the dash since I don't have room for it in the dash. I'll relocate the remote sensor so I can use the remote. I may have fried it with a crappy soldering job last night. I won't know until I test it a bit more.
So, I laid down a thin piece of balsa wood to level the Lilliput case to the bezel. On the 629, the bottom is a bit higher than the top, so I needed a small amount of space to get it to sit level with the bezel. I hot glued all this in place and then slathered a bunch of SEM stuff on the back of the bezel to seal it to the Lilliput case. Here's a pic:
And, the front side after I "SEM'd" it in place:
You can see where some of the SEM stuff bled through (no big deal) and the edge of the balsa wood on the top.
After about 10 minutes to dry, I started laying down SEM stuff on the front of the bezel to flush it with the Lilliput. I did each of the four sides separately because this stuff dries FAST! I used a straight edge on each side to smear a level layer of the stuff between the bezel and Lilliput. Pics:
I'm happy with it. It needs some sanding and then I'll have to go over it again with another layer of SEM. I'll have to figure out which of the two parts to reduce to give me a thinner consistency (if possible). I imagine another one, maybe two coats of SEM including sanding and then I can go to paint. Given how fast this stuff dries, I'm thinking tomorrow I should be able to paint it. I've put in about two hours not including hacking up the Lilliput case. This includes mounting/leveling the case and applying SEM stuff. This stuff is incredible. I would be spending days with fiberglass!
Oh...i bought some SEM black satin paint as well. I asked the people at the body shop if I needed primer or anything and they said no...just clean it very well before painting. I had my bezel with me and they knew enough about the SEM plastic stuff, so I trust their opinion. They did recommend going as far as cleaning it with rubbing alcohol first, so I will do that.