Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 103

Thread: Zebel 2001 BMW 330ci Carputer

  1. #21
    Low Bitrate Zebel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    106
    Quote Originally Posted by 05BSZHP
    Way to go!

    Keep posting updates as you eliminate the issues.

    You can also retrofit the manual sun visor for the back window. (I have a 330i) That might help with the glare.
    That's not a bad idea, thanks!. I wonder how much of the window those sun visor cover. It seems to me that I can see the reflection of the entire rear window in the LCD. I'll definitly give it a shot.

  2. #22
    Low Bitrate Zebel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    106
    Quote Originally Posted by ThE_KiLLeR
    where did you get the remote ignition signal for turning on the pc?

    it does turn on with the ignition signal right ?

    thanks
    Just to make sure we are talking about the same thing... by remote line I mean the line (blue wire) that comes out of the OPus 120W PS which you can use to turn ON/OFF other devices such as amps or LCD or in my case the 15W point of load which I used to power up M-Audio.

    I hope I am understanding your question. Sorry!!!

  3. #23
    FLAC sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    1,375
    I thnk he means where did you branch that from the car. the wire that you attach to the blue wire.

    vey nice install so far by the way.

  4. #24
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    ATX
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Zebel
    That's not a bad idea, thanks!. I wonder how much of the window those sun visor cover. It seems to me that I can see the reflection of the entire rear window in the LCD. I'll definitly give it a shot.
    It covers all but the outer 1/8" around the window frame.

    I think all the parts come to about $250.

  5. #25
    Low Bitrate Zebel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    106
    To the Killer:
    Here is how I powered up the PC with 12V switched line:
    I tapped into the switched 12V from the radio's harness. I connected the BMW Metra harness to the OEM radio harness. Then I looped 12v Red with Blue to power antenna and HK amp. Do not confuse this blue with the other blue remote wire coming out of OPUS PS.

    I also tapped into the same 12 V wire coming and extended it all the way to the trunk to the PC.

    and a pic to help you out:

  6. #26
    Low Bitrate Zebel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    106
    Quote Originally Posted by 05BSZHP
    It covers all but the outer 1/8" around the window frame.

    I think all the parts come to about $250.
    WOW! $250 and that is manual. For that I could have someone to sit next to me and block the light with their hands

    Thanks for checking the price. I guess I try the tint first and may be later even go with sun visor. Thanks.

  7. #27
    FLAC sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    1,375
    hey zebel, if you're not already using it, check out this mod to ibus comm that darth and I have developed.

  8. #28
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    ATX
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Zebel
    WOW! $250 and that is manual. For that I could have someone to sit next to me and block the light with their hands

    Thanks for checking the price. I guess I try the tint first and may be later even go with sun visor. Thanks.
    Yep, Pacific BMW will give you 15% off with a CCA membership, but it's still a pricey piece. Such is the case with all OEM parts it seems.

  9. #29
    Low Bitrate Zebel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    106
    Quote Originally Posted by 05BSZHP
    Yep, Pacific BMW will give you 15% off with a CCA membership, but it's still a pricey piece. Such is the case with all OEM parts it seems.
    Ya, tell me about it... What is CCA? I went to a tint shop today and got two small pieces of tint film of darkest shad. I am going to do some experiment with those, just tape it and see how effective it is first before doing the entire rear window. It seem it's going to cost me $120 to do just the rear window.

  10. #30
    Low Bitrate Zebel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    106
    Quote Originally Posted by sama
    hey zebel, if you're not already using it, check out this mod to ibus comm that darth and I have developed.
    Thanks for the tip. I have posted my comments and suggestions on your thread as I thought others may find it helpful.

Similar Threads

  1. My Aussie Car PC System
    By vxcarpc in forum Show off your project
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 10-17-2007, 07:12 PM
  2. DIN compatable PC project
    By don-m in forum Worklogs
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-23-2005, 11:11 AM
  3. For Sale for all you aussies. Complete mp3 car pc
    By Holden__V8 in forum Classified Archive
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-09-2005, 06:30 AM
  4. 2001 BMW M5 MP3 project
    By cjones in forum Show off your project
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-01-2003, 12:47 AM
  5. New toys for the pc car
    By gizmomkr in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-06-2002, 05:55 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •