well three to four weeks became 4-6 months, and i'm still not done, school got the best of me, and so did the lack of a garage during the winter in upstate new york, so now i'm on break, no money, but i'm working with what i got!
the PC itself has gentoo linux on it, runs fluxbox, iGuidance3, and nGhost, i'm working on writing scripts to make the touch screen the only interface to the pc [ie no mouse or keyboard] but this requires some careful planning, also i DO have hand writing recognition through an application called "xstroke" so if i get in a bind i can use my finger to write on the screen, or use the on screen keyboard. i made my motorola pci wifi card work using ndiswrapper.
still nothing is perminently mounted in the car, the lcd is litterally just stuck in the dash, the pc is in place but not wired. my plan looks like this
1) order the rest of the wiring needed
2) run wire through-out car so that i can just drop things inplace when ready
3) fabricate a Fibraglass sub box, so that i get used to working with fibraglass
4) fabricate a fibraglass dash modification for lcd(needs fibraglass for support)
5) install lcd
6) install PC
7) install other things - ie gps dongle, relay control, bluetooth.