Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 32

Thread: Another 2005 Mustang

  1. #11
    Newbie Sonic V8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by blk02si View Post
    Looks awesome Sonic! Looks like you went with the super touchscreen also from your pics. Im glad my build has inspired your's and I appricate the props in the beginning of your thread. This is really cool watching your build as its very similar, but I already see things you did a little bit different that are better. For instance the use of 2 dowels instead of 3 for mounting the TS controller board. What MoBo are you going to run?? Im really looking foward to seeing this built up. Any questions or problems hit me up. Hope your enjoying the mustang! It only gets better with the PC
    -JOE
    Thanks and no problem, Joe.. My MB should be coming today. It's Pentium M with 1.4 GHz, 1G RAM, 5.1 surround, and 3D vid. For testing purposes, I'm using a 2.5" HD. But this MB has a 40 SSD port which allow me to install my OS on a 3 GIG DOM (Disk on Module) when they release it. All my other applications and files will go on a separate HD.

    Actually, the use of 2 dowels was my error. I wasn't paying attention to your build and didn't notice until I was done putting it together. But then I realized it probably is better to use 2 because the amount of room which maybe needed to reach parts of the MB. The other thing that will be different is I'll probably install the OPUS PS on the top cover as it's a bit bigger than the M2 PS. I want to be sure the PS is securely installed so I don't short the electrical. With the amount of room in the center console, I'm sure I can find a spot for the HD.

  2. #12
    High Voltage blk02si's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Motorcity
    Posts
    2,267
    Blog Entries
    1
    From the looks of things you should have that up and running soon! Great fab work. I mounted my m2 on top of the cover plate also. Nice choice on the motherboard! I wish I would have went with something with a bit more power but I still have love for the via, has not failed me yet. Are you going to implement a true 5.1 surround? Like a six channel amp? That would be amazing. Ive got 2 amps in my setup but its a standard 4 speaker, 1 sub setup. Make sure to take pics of the DOM unit, Ive been reading about these and it seems to be a great way to have a 'flashed' OS install. Keep up the great work.
    Build Things, it keeps your brain busy.

    AutoPC v1 (Retired) - AutoPC v2 (in progress) - www.shocknet.us

  3. #13
    Newbie Sonic V8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    34
    Couple of more test phase pics:




    I know it looks like total chaos with all the wires. That's because it is I'm still waiting for a couple of more hardware components. As of now, everything is being test benched. I will then configure the software to work the way I need it to. Then my last battle will be configuring the OPUS PSU to work with the ignition.

    This is one hell of project.. BTW, sorry about the LCD screen blur..

  4. #14
    High Voltage blk02si's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Motorcity
    Posts
    2,267
    Blog Entries
    1
    I remember when my table looked like that! Spaghetti! Its all part of the fun. Also in regards to the power supply im not sure how OPUS works but I can tell you the M2ATX shutdown/startup is easy to configure. It takes about 10 seconds to configure, seriously. Project is looking very complete, you really got it together fast! Any ideas on what software you going to run?
    Build Things, it keeps your brain busy.

    AutoPC v1 (Retired) - AutoPC v2 (in progress) - www.shocknet.us

  5. #15
    Maximum Bitrate pepsibobby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Kaiserslautern Germany
    Posts
    648
    i wonder if that bezel will work with a saturn, its a GM with a double din, but Circuit City's site says it wont.
    Cant code cause I dont know how, but give me the paint bucket and my eraser and have at you!

  6. #16
    High Voltage blk02si's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Motorcity
    Posts
    2,267
    Blog Entries
    1
    Buy the double din bezel for your specific car and my chassis kit should bolt up fine. Just make sure the mount tabs have 7" between them.
    Build Things, it keeps your brain busy.

    AutoPC v1 (Retired) - AutoPC v2 (in progress) - www.shocknet.us

  7. #17
    Newbie Sonic V8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by blk02si View Post
    I remember when my table looked like that! Spaghetti! Its all part of the fun. Also in regards to the power supply im not sure how OPUS works but I can tell you the M2ATX shutdown/startup is easy to configure. It takes about 10 seconds to configure, seriously. Project is looking very complete, you really got it together fast! Any ideas on what software you going to run?
    Every once in awhile I look at the PC and wonder what the hell I started.. But it is fun and challenging. I'm going to use RR with XP Pro OS.. I want to be able to transfer MP3's from my home PC to the car over the air. Any advice regarding Bluetooth or some other wireless device?

    Also, the MB came with 4 USB 2.0 ports (2 on I/O and 2 on-board). Can I use a USB hub to expand my device options?

  8. #18
    FLAC FC3S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Seoul, Korea
    Posts
    1,040
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic V8 View Post
    Every once in awhile I look at the PC and wonder what the hell I started.. But it is fun and challenging. I'm going to use RR with XP Pro OS.. I want to be able to transfer MP3's from my home PC to the car over the air. Any advice regarding Bluetooth or some other wireless device?

    Also, the MB came with 4 USB 2.0 ports (2 on I/O and 2 on-board). Can I use a USB hub to expand my device options?
    bluetooth for files? no, use wifi, its a lot easier

    and yes, you can use a hub

  9. #19
    High Voltage blk02si's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Motorcity
    Posts
    2,267
    Blog Entries
    1
    Yep USB hubs work great. I picked a 4 port hub up that has an optional 5v input if im running high draw USB devices. But a touchscreen, a GPS mouse, radio adaptor, keyboard, etc will be fine on a hub. I would also use WiFi for file transfer, it very fast and reliable. Just wait untill you start giving people rides and they stare at your dash like a kid in a candy store. Let the 5.1 output surge through your audio amps and you will then remember why you started If your good at audio tuning you can make a PC sound way better than a headunit. Take a ride in my stang if you dont believe
    Build Things, it keeps your brain busy.

    AutoPC v1 (Retired) - AutoPC v2 (in progress) - www.shocknet.us

  10. #20
    Newbie Sonic V8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by blk02si View Post
    Yep USB hubs work great. I picked a 4 port hub up that has an optional 5v input if im running high draw USB devices. But a touchscreen, a GPS mouse, radio adaptor, keyboard, etc will be fine on a hub. I would also use WiFi for file transfer, it very fast and reliable. Just wait untill you start giving people rides and they stare at your dash like a kid in a candy store. Let the 5.1 output surge through your audio amps and you will then remember why you started If your good at audio tuning you can make a PC sound way better than a headunit. Take a ride in my stang if you dont believe

    Thanks for all great advice everyone!! WiFi it is... Wish you didn't live so far. I would def. checkout your Stang.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Ford Mustang GT 2005 Project Progress
    By enitalp in forum Show off your project
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 09-07-2007, 09:33 PM
  2. Another 2005 Mustang install
    By 2 STanGeR in forum Worklogs
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-02-2005, 10:46 PM
  3. 2005 Mustang GT - First attempt...
    By 05mineralgrey in forum Worklogs
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 10-31-2005, 02:29 AM
  4. Where to DL old version of RR?
    By accentsound in forum Road Runner
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-12-2005, 12:51 AM
  5. 2005 Mustang Gt
    By optrice in forum Newbie
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-04-2004, 08:10 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •