So I have been working on this since about June as time has permitted, and figured it was time to finally post some info and pics.
I'm mostly done, need to finish some final fabrication on the lcd bezel (got excited and painted it and installed it before I finished all the bondo and sanding, so I need to take it back out and clean it up), and need to permenantly install the case in the trunk, right now its just held in by the cargo net as you can see in the pics. All the wiring is permenantly run and clean. The setup has been working really well, so its been easy to get lazy.
Streetdeck Trunk Bundle:
Opus Case w/ 120w PS
MB986 motherboard with Celeron 1.5mhz CPU
60G 5400RPM HD
BT-958 USB GPS
XM Direct using Hybrid-Mobile Serial Cable
Linksys USB Wi-Fi adapter
Gyration USB Wireless Keyboard/Mouse
Software: Streetdeck 1.5.4 and Mappoint 2006
Cables from trunk to dash
10ft VGA extension cable (VGA to LCD)
10ft USB extension cable (touchscreen from LCD to PC)
cat5 cable (used to send things like RCA to oem amp, ignition, etc)
1 16g + power run (power from OPUS to LCD)
- fabrication not complete on LCD bezel
- boot up time, need to experiment with stand-by, Im out of town a week at a time a lot and dont want to kill my battery though.
- full time internet. Want to get an EVDO or similar connection. Have a Treo with EVDO, but havent had time to try use bluetooth modem method.
- glare on LCD is horrible some days, want to replace with one of the new trans-reflective LCDs when time and money permit.
- bigger and/or faster HD. I have about 80gigs of music, and can only sync up about 20gig of it right now.
- XM sound quality. Im usuing the built in audio on the motherboard, and it appears the equalizer settings in the control panel have no effect on line-in audio so the audio has little to no bass and treble is too high. MP3 sounds great
- front speakers. Audis have an OEM amp for the rear speakers which I used, but they use the head-unit for front speakers. I need to install an amp for the front speakers, currently I have no sound in front, only rear speakers. Actually doesnt sound as bad as you would think, again easy to be lazy.
-Audi Skin for streetdeck. Ive been working on an audi branded skin, and just haven't had the time to finish it.
So there you have it, pics and diagrams to follow.