Worklog Day 2
So I've accumulated more parts! Here's whats new:
- Amp wiring kit to wire the M2-ATX
- Remaining parts for monsoon-pc box
- Epoxy, black paint and wood!
- 12v wire tap for lilliput power adapter
Only few things I can think of are tools and VGA/USB extenders. Perhaps some thicker gauge wire to run extra power around incase I need it.
So while I was waiting for my Lilliput screen and extra bezel, I went ahead and built a wood frame to see what it would look like in my radio cage. Here's a picture of that:
I also added little tabs on the back side of the bezel to make it fit into a groove that the radio cage has. Here's a picture of the tabs and what it looks like inside the cage.
The yellow stuff is Aliphatic Resin (aka wood glue by GreatPlanes...used in RC plane building. Good stuff. Also easily sandable)
So finally I got my lilliput in. Here's a picture of the box and a picture of the replacement bezel.
I got a little excited and decided to test fit the bezel. Looks like it is a bit too tall and a bit too narrow. If I added a bit on the sides and chopped the bottom off, it still wouldn't look right because the screen wouldnt be centered in the frame, so I chopped a lot of the bottom off and added some extra wood on the sides. I didn't get a clear shot of this but here's a shot of the wood glued to the side of the bezel.
Now I got some epoxy (the stuff you mix together) and some black paint. I dabbed some and put it inside these little cups and stirred until solid, then started sloppily filling in the voids between the bezel and the wood. Here's a picture of where I'm at right now:
I'm gonna finish this off and let it dry for a day, then come back and sand it.