Today I ran my USB GPS underneath my carpet and along the trim of the truck so that it can reside next to the rear seats. Between running new wire for my speakers, installing new speakers, lining the interior with Dynamat, building my sub box, I have just about become an expert on taking apart my truck. Most things pop apart with clips but I have discovered you really must take care because every now and then a screw or bolt will sneak up on you.
Here you can spy my GPS unit hidden behind a piece of plastic trim next to my rear seat belts. When I connected my BU-353 to my laptop and experimented with different locations, I noticed that there was next to no loss in signal with the unit hidden behind the plastic. I wanted the unit to be hidden as well as possible so that just by casual view, the truck still remains to look as stock as possible.
Here is a picture of my frustrations. It doesn't show a whole lot but this picture was significant nonetheless. Anywayz, most of my wiring is now residing inside the console and things are getting tucked up rather nice. I am running a dedicated ground back to the new Optima yellow top battery (I highly recommend) as well as a dedicated 12v line straight to my 12v power block. Hopefully within the next week or so I will finish my wiring and be able to fire this puppy up.