I realized today how much i dislike the pyramid audio crap... so ive decided to change things up a bit in my plans...
instead the sound system will be composed of the following:
(2) Clif Designs CD30.2LX Amplifiers
(2) Cadence CWM6 Component Speaker (pairs)
(1) Rockford Fosgate Punch P310D4
And a new picture:
I started building the rear deck speaker pods. The following are pictures of the speaker ring / adapter mounted to the original speaker stand.
clever... never thought of doing that with the rear speakers.
Some nice fabrication (and love) is going into this thing. I love it. I like all the drawings of what your going to do, what program do you use to make them?
I use solidworks for all the cad work (3D designs) and flash for the other diagrams and stuff. Solidworks is an amazing program that makes cad really simple. Ive tried autocad and pro-e before but didnt like them so much.
And i chose flash because its vector based graphics, just makes outlining and diagrams easier.
Today i built the sub box. I spent over a week calculating the size and volume for the box and when i recieved the sub, the manual had some suggested box sizes, my design was within a half inch in every dimension... go figure.
Once i have that all together ill post some more images.
yeah autocad is very complex to use. But when you know what it can do, its really endless drawing capabilities. Ill check out Solidworks when I get a spare hour or 2.
Pics and updates
Well is been a bit since i last post. I've got a lot done, though its still pretty rough looking.
The last part that needs to be installed are the front speakers.
But there is A LOT of finishing yet to be done. More fiberglass work, painting, etc...
This is probably the state it will remain in until next summer, cuz i will be busy with school (though i will have the car with me this year :))
The following are a bunch of status update pictures (descriptions below, pictures attached)...
1. The rear speaker adapters mounted and the rear being prepped for the beginning fiberglassing of the rear deck speaker shrouds.
2. Prep-2 The plastic is being put all around to prevent any epoxy from adhering to what its not supposed to.
3. Fleece stretched into place ready for epoxy
4. Not really sure what this picture is supposed to be showing.........
5. After some soaking in epoxy and being removed from the car, the hardened fleece
6. Another angle
7. here are both of the shrouds trimmed, the hole cut and temporarilly installed... they still need to be trimmed more, fiberglassed some, bondoed and painted.
8. Here is the Punch P3 installed in its little MDF box, it packs a nice punch.
9. These are the two Profile amplifers i ended up getting. (1) AP1000 Mono for the sub and (1) AP1040 4-ch for the speakers.
10. A full trunk shot.
11. This is the monitor, 8"ts. Its a nice unit, but needs to be better mounted and eventually molded into the dash.
12. Custom console. The system is headless, so I added this pannel in the double din spot in the car. Its two low a placement for the screen... so i put the DVD drive, volume dial, play/pause button, (both from a hacked apart mouse, and put to use using girder software), drive eject button, and power button. A usb port. The LEDs are as follow: 1st is power level (green-12v, amber-11v, red-oh s***), 2nd computer power, 3rd hdd activity, 4th dvd activity. next is a audio input. the next switch shuts off the amplifier's remote on leads (a quick mute switch) and the last switch turns on the the blue footwell CCFLs.
13. The computer in its arylic box under the driver seat.
14. The PS2 under the passenger seat.
Next step: new alternator
I discovered today that if the battery voltage is low and I have everything running, the alternator doesnt put out enough amperage to keep it all going at idle......
Wow thats alot of work , I used wireless controllers , for my ps2 setup , walmart $20 each
I was thinking of getting one wirless, idk about ps2 controllers but the mouse and keyboard i have eat batteries, they have been dead for a few weeks now and i havent bothered to replace the batteries....
I re-mounted the screen yesterday and now its angled so there is less glare and is much more stable, im pretty happy with the whole set up