I'm glad you're still going with this
I'm glad you're still going with this
As far as I can tell you, this will forever remain a worklog not because I stop the project but because I will never probably finish. I consider my car a test lab at this point.
haha that is fine with me, I like reading up on everything you post
well if I remember at home later tonight sometime I'll have to get some pictures up. I know megalo was worried about my vent speakers which are now gone. :D
Your an inspiration! The way you had your amps on the side of the trunk is exactly where I am thinking of moving my amps to now. Also, the remote control you where using, did it work alright? If I actually carry out my pc plans, I am thinking that remote might work out for me. I plan on using windows media center. The only buttons I need really are the arrow keys, enter, back, and next/last track. It looks like that remote had all that.
Yes the remote is excellent except that the buttons are a little small for my liking. All the buttons can be programmed and you can have them programmed for different programs. It automatically switches to the button mapping for whatever window is active. I however use it strictly for controlling roadrunner. A few of the buttons get used so much the signs on them are wearing off. This is after 2+years of use though.
The brand is Keyspan in case I didn't mention it.
Hi, Very nice thread, thanks to you I have solved some of my question about how to start my carputer project, as te tittle say, I'm from Peru, I'm curious, which computer are you using now? (since your last update was a long time ago....)
Sorry for the late reply, I don't keep up with updates much anymore. The PC is a gigabyte microatx socket am2 with an AMD Le-1620 or 1640. I don't remember actually. 1 gig of RAM. That was the only changes. The remote "next" button has worn out so I finally put the fusion brain in connected to the steering wheel controls. Much better for basic control for what I do 90% of the time--volume and track.
Changes to the audio install are all over the place. I swapped out the tang bands for the peerless 830970's and installed mbquart tweeters in horizontal but that was horrible so the tweeters went vertical which was better. Then I had a slight mishap with the tweeters and cooked them-turn on/off circuit was not connected right after moving some things around and turn off pop killed them. This seemed like a good time to go with my newer midrange (larger so I could use lower filter point) and improved midbass setup. Tweeters are still in progress. I'm toying with ambisonics now until I revisit my other adventures-I'm in regroup mode. Power amplification has changed just to gain some more headroom and save space at the same time..sounds strange but it is possible these days to do this.
I was going to replace the 10" sub with a 15 since I had upgraded the midbass to 10's but I wasn't willing to give up the space. There is now a bandpass 12 firing into the cabin.
Some pics of past and current for now...
Hey durwood. Saw you posting on mazda6club for the bezel figured id stop by. I got a spare MS6 bezel with radio when I blew my remote wire on the OEM HU. I have since fused it to preven it happeneing again. It was less than $100 and has the proper colors compared the the M6 which is like flat black. I dont see any on ebay right now thou.
Also as you were the one to inspire me to fit mids in the AC ducts wanted to post my thread here. Stero sounds like crap mostly as I dont know hot to tune it properly, but hopefully soon I will resolve that. First pic shows the dynaudio mids in the AC ducts:
After four years of waiting, I am finally going to move my screen from the map pocket to dash. Reason is, I want the map pocket space for another project involving a cleaner attempt at ambiophonics. Also, the 2003/2004 Lilliput 619 was a bit tired and outdated. Time for a fresh 450 nits mo-co-so mini touch 7".
I opted for metra kit circuit board used with a modified OEM dash. I got the OEM dash with and extra 6 disc radio for $35 on ebay, the metra kit was my Christmas present. I couldn't justify the $400 for a double din from Kanatech, so here I go with a cobbled together metra/OEM solution. Camera phone pics, wife took the good camera when I did this work.
Here is the stock piece where I cut out the top section removing the hazard switch. I cut ABS filler pieces with the oscillating tool and glued them in with CA glue and activator.
I removed the Mo-Co-So screen from the housing. Originally I was going to leave it together and install behind but it wasn't going to work. The buttons were in the way. So no reason to use it at all at that point.
I am going to use one of the rotary encoders from the oem circuit board for volume control again. I need to fab it in somewhere so I was eyeballing placement using the knob.
That is as far as I got on the first day of this part, couple hours of work. Most of the day was spent doing the circuitry.