so I built the frames for the 'tool boxes' today. these will be lined with foam that has been cut out to hold some common tools. on top of that will be removable false floor panels. the subbox isn't done yet but i have a 'proxy' sub in there right now just for design purposes. The sub is inverted in the picture but the real sub will be facing the correct way with a rectangular grill protecting it and hiding it. the grill will have curved corners and be covered with grill cloth.
I also decided to box off the back area. This will give the computer and amp some more airspace and allow the area to be a bit cooler. on each facade there will be a hole cut out for vent fans.
the panels were tossed in there for pictures sake. i still have to build the supports for the piece and file some edges so the tie together a bit better... but you'll get the idea. (and the wires will all be hidden :blush: )
onto the pictures:
to do list:
- sub box
- mount zapco amp... 1/2 done
- make custom xlr-symblink cable
- wire up trunk
- add fans for zapco amp and computer
- make custom sub grill
- carpet vinyl
- add 2 more layers of deadening and a layer of ensolite to each door
- install/aim woofers and tweets
- complete custom pc interface (debating on doing this though)