Thats an awesome effort (man i miss my XR6T)
Looks good mate.
When using balsa if you add talcum powder to the dope and then apply it before painting, it makes it alot easier to sand and get a perfectly smooth finish. You just need to use a small amount of powder and make sure it's completley mixed in.
I installed my carpc into my pet Kangaroo, mate.
Hey Guys, thanx for the feedback
@Nislo: Good tip, I will try it out....hehe, anything to make the sanding a little easier....whew - hey, why did you only tell me now after I am 90% done...lol
Finally mounted my console back into the UTE, looking good One small issue, the Space traveler is a little sensitive for Carputer use, so I have a backup plan -
a While ago I manage to salvage a very decent Industrial Joystick, which one of my Site Engineers were dumping, and even after use, it still appears brandnew - I will post a few pics later.
Only problem, it still has the pots in place, but I cannot use the electronics - well, one of the Forumites at RaceSim Central has developed a very nice usb controller, with 8 analog, and something like 32 digital inputs, specifically for this type of application, and I just pulled the plug and ordered one.
So, I will retrofit the joystick with the new usb controller, and then mount it in the same location as the Space Traveler currently occupies - the hole is just big enough, and it will work like a dream - now to order 2x new stainless buttons I can use as mouse buttons.....
Back to google.
Will post some updated pics soon.
Awsome install man,
I just read through all the posts and when i got to the end, it was like watchin a series finale of a tv show with a damn cliffhanger
all looks great and i hope you achieve all your goals as stated in the first post...
How's the install going? been checking the post every day waiting for my next fix. lol
Ah, thanx for the feedback
Just received the damn USB analog interface today, after ordering it the 3rd of November - not impressed, but at least I have it, and I am sure it's the postal system somewhere that mucked up.
Well, I am off to Bangkok Sunday 2 to Sunday 9 Dec, so will have to wait till then to try and finalize - at least I have a 2-week break over Chrissy, so I might get it done then.
Will keep you guys posted.
awesome install, i have a BF XR6 E-Gas Magnet Ute myself, and i would love to do what you have done. All in good time i guess.
BTW just wondering if the Nokia mount kit has a model number, i like the idea of it as a temp solution similar to yours.
Good luck and i hope you succeed