How the screen moves:
We can break this down in two parts:
- the engine powers a drive-belt, which rotates an axle. On that axle there are two aluminium L-brackets
- the L brackets control the switches.
- The movement of the second axle is transported via a belt to the top axle.
- The top axle rotates the screen
- magnets keep the screen in the closed or opened position.
- 2 switches
- 1 modified sailboat-servo
- 1 relays
On the relays you connect the + and – of a 5 volt line (i used m2)
The relays has 2 outs on each connection!
To the servo 4 wires will go from the serve.
In the two + wires that go to the servo there is a switch.
When the switch is pressed, the connection is broken and the servo stops moving.
The relays is controlled by the + of the ignition key, but that can be every other switchable +.
on the picture at the buttom the switches (black) with the magnets
close-up of the relays and servo (tape is to reduce the force of the magnet, not to hold it in place)