Hi, my name is Rijk.
I discovered the cpc-concept 1 year ago, and am a member of the Dutch carputer-forum site (username dash), where i got most of the info i needed.
That username was already taken, so i use my own name
What i have done so far are to the cpc project:
- wiring in the car
- second amp underneath the passenger seat
- upgraded the front compo set
- gsp receiver mounted in the sunroof
- case of cpc
- mounting-position for the cpc case
- dvd-rom + usb mounted in glove-box
- moveable screen (self made) in the center console
- mounting cpc in the car
- mounting the new center console in the car
- software, front-end, etc.
- finish up the wiring cpc to car
- ad tv
- move antena of wifi to teh sunroof
- solve problem with powersupply (dsx12vd)
i am now looking at RR as a skin, because i have the hcq-radio unit
I wont show it in working order, because i made te screen part first, took about half a year, so best for last.
Concept of the project, facterylook and being able to park it in the city without worrys. so hide away is the name of the game
Thirst the wiring of the cpc
The position of the cpc wil be in the front of the car, for max cooling and now noice in the car.
The cpc wil be started bij the remote controle (alarm) with a bi-stabiel relais.
sweet! You finish the screen yet?
Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store
yes, but when the mobo came back, (no sound at all) the screen had strange spots on it:
i'll look up the picture for you
i have send it back, januari and its stil not back. But the screen movies nice, open and close at the turn of the ignition, so nothing to see in the car
Here is the screen in action:
(oh, it is not an Opel)
The shelf where the screen hides under is standard, so in the closed position you have the factory look
due to the heavy screen the gearratio was changed from a 15 to a 20 t
also the hole of the vga kabel was inlarged to take the movement.
with mod., extra ball bearing en shaft on the engin to change the load of the engine (black shaft).
I had the cpc mounted on the air-intake of the interieur of the car, but its to cold.
Brainstem showed +5° and a minut later the cpc was off.
So a new position needs to be found.
moveable screen close-up
Air intake frame standard (left) and mod. The hols ar for nuts and bolts. If you life in a warm climate min tep ca 5° This is an ideal place to put your mobo, now noise and a lot of couling from the air passing by into the interieur of the car
Cpc was mounted under the black cover on the left
close up cpc (changed the case to a closed type aluminium)
I am getting pm's for the screen area, so i'll try to anser the questions here:
- The aluminium frame was made by myself (aluminium frame, etc.)
- the parts i bought were from conrad: www.conrad.nl in the search (zoeken) type: "tandriem" and "tandriemwiel"
- for the motor: type servo , than select (sorteren: prijs oplopend)
(servo is for a sailboot) the one i used isn't there anymore, but you want one with high torque (130Ncm), you can create more torque bij using bigger "tandriemwiels"
You want to do this, because otherwise the screen wil move to fast.
You need to modify the servo, so it works as an engin, take out the electronica
- the servo needs to be powerd with maximum 6 volts, i used a 5 volt line of the m2 / mobo
- 2 switches (to start and stop).
- a couple of magnats (for fixing the closed and opend position)
hope this gets you started in the right direction.
Making a moveable screen is a lot of work, so be sure you got the time for it.