do you have more pics of the exterior?
Figured I would start a work log for my Carputer setup. I had already done the sound system in my car with the following:
- Kenwood KDC-528 head unit
- Kenwood KAC-7202 Amp
- 2 x 10" Kenwood KFC-W2505 subs
- Custom fiberglass enclosure that I created for the subs
- Custom surround for the head unit with tripple gauge mount.
Pics of sound system:
My Carputer setup has started with the following:
- 8GB CF card for hard drive (needed for extreme cold weather)
- CF to IDE adaptor
- 1GB DDR 3200 RAM
- PCChips P23G Socket 775 Motherboard
- Intel Celeron D 360 3.46GHz / 512KB Cache / 533MHz FSB processor
- Lilliput HR-702 7" Inch Touch Screen Monitor
- D-Link 802.11g USB wifi card
- Mini-Key USB Keyboard DGPN-570
- RoadRunner Front End
- Windows XP Home
- External USB powered DVD Rom from laptop
Looking to add:
- GPS via most likely iGuidance
- Some of my own custom software wrapped in a RoadRunner skin
- Looking at an OPUS solutions 250W DC-DC power supply
I was originally going to make the LCD pop out of the dash but for various reasons decided against it. So now I will be looking at doing something like the audi S5 for embedding the screen in the dash.
Working right now on a boot from CF issue that I have some leads on.
Progress to follow....
Oh.. and here is the batmobile:
Just wanted to let you know that opus has a 320watt now ( if you didnt buy the 250w yet )
Photoshop of the color change... top of the roof will be black to match hood and trunk:
99% of WRXs out there are blue, it'll be nice to see a silver one for a change. The carbon fiber will look nice on it and those orange rims will definitely give it it's own flair. Good choice. Also I really love the HIDs you have on there now. Nice car, even without a PC.
yeah, those headlight are super cool
where did you get those?
Cheers on a fellow MY02 blue and wingless
Any more info on how/what you're gonna do with the screen?